Rumors

If we sit pat and Isiah retools the Knicks this will suck. I would offer
them Mihm and a few picks. for Wallace or Mihm and something for Dampier and
Van Exel trying to hold on to Davis.

I would like to get Larry Hughes or even Juan Dixon out of Washington

"Wallace has been around for only two practices with the Hawks, and his name
has already been mentioned in trade rumors. Detroit, Dallas and New York
reportedly are interested in the talented 6-foot-11 forward who is being
paid $17 million in the final year of his deal. Knight sounded positive that
Wallace will be wearing the No. 36 for the Hawks tonight, but he didn't deny
the trade rumors. "I don't have anything to say about that," Knight said.
"But Rasheed is a heck of a player, a heck of a talent. It's good to see him
at our practices. He's done some things that I haven't seen done here for a
long time." Atlanta Journal-Constitution
<http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/hawks/0204/18hawks.html>
"The Pistons, as has been widely reported for a week, have had discussions
with the Atlanta Hawks about the possibility of a trade for power forward
Rasheed Wallace. But the prospects of the team actually landing the
volatile, free-agent-to-be aren't overwhelming. "There is no deal," Pistons
President Joe Dumars said. "There is no deal pending, no deal is imminent.
Have we talked to Atlanta? Yes, but I guarantee you that every team is
talking to everybody right now." The trade deadline is Thursday, and the
Pistons are still entertaining several offers for Chucky Atkins. Corliss
Williamson, though, appears to be off the trading block." Detroit News
<http://www.detnews.com/2004/pistons/0402/18/e05-68143.htm>
"One snag in the Wallace deal was that the Hawks did not want Atkins
included in the deal, and the Pistons did. Atkins has two years left on his
contract after this season. By losing Atkins contract, the Pistons would
have the ability to get between $6 million and $7 million under the salary
cap next summer - something they feel they must do in order to re-sign
restricted free agent Mehmet Okur. Atlanta, also looking to create cap
space, doesn't want players with multiple years left on their contract."
Detroit News <http://www.detnews.com/2004/pistons/0402/18/e05-68143.htm>

NBA RUMORS FOR WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 18 The NBA Trade Deadline is Thursday,
February 19 at 3 p.m. ET. Even after that point, InsideHoops.com NBA rumors
continue every day for the rest of the season (and all summer - forever, in
fact). There's always gossip going on, regardless of whether it's
trade-related or not, so keep hitting the page as well as this entire
website. "InsideHoops.com reports that James Lang has signed a contract with
the Asheville Altitude of the NBDL. A 6-10, 305, center from Birmingham,
Ala., Lang was an early entry into the 2003 NBA Draft out of Central Park
Christian High School. He was a second round selection (48th overall) of the
New Orleans Hornets, but was placed on the injured list on October 27 and
released on Dec. 29. He did not play in a regular season game for the
Hornets, but averaged 1.5 points and 0.5 rebounds in four preseason games."
InsideHoops.com <http://www.insidehoops.com> "Wallace has been around for
[...]
with multiple years left on their contract." Detroit News
<http://www.detnews.com/2004/pistons/0402/18/e05-68143.htm> "Isiah Thomas
made one deal for the Knicks this week, and he is pushing to make a second
one by tomorrow's 3 p.m. trading deadline. He still hopes to obtain one of
two post players who have been high on his wish list: Atlanta's Rasheed
Wallace or Golden State's Erick Dampier. The Hawks are trying to move
Wallace a week after acquiring him in a multiplayer trade. Bill Strickland,
Wallace's agent, was at Madison Square Garden last night to see another
client, Allan Houston, and to speak with Thomas." NY Times
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/18/sports/basketball/18GARD.html?pagewanted=
all> "The Knicks may not have enough pieces to make a straight-up deal for
Wallace, who will make $16.9 million this season, his final one before he
becomes a free agent this summer. A person familiar with Thomas's thinking
said the Knicks would have to offer Kurt Thomas, Othella Harrington, Dikembe
Mutombo and a player like Mike Sweetney or Frank Williams. To complete a
trade for Wallace, a two-time All-Star, Isiah Thomas would most likely have
to involve at least one other team." NY Times
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/18/sports/basketball/18GARD.html?pagewanted=
all> "It is clear to people around the league that Isiah Thomas still wants
the Knicks to get bigger, tougher and quicker. And that could mean he might
still trade Kurt Thomas to get Dampier, a 6-foot-11 center. Dampier is
having the best season of his eight-year career and fits Thomas's plan for
an inside presence. Dampier is averaging 11.6 rebounds and 11.9 points, but
Golden State is shopping him. The team is concerned that he will exercise
his opt-out clause and relinquish the final two seasons, worth $17 million.
Indiana and Memphis are pursuing Dampier. The Knicks would have to include
more than Kurt Thomas to make the salaries match, and add Williams or
Sweetney." NY Times
<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/02/18/sports/basketball/18GARD.html?pagewanted=
all>

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]