Re: Ricky Davis and Jiri Welsch

Ricky
into the starting lineup and bring Jiri off the bench. Jiri hit the wall
a month ago and is struggling to bust through. Remember, he's basically
a rookie. He's playing big minutes, isn't physically strong, and it's
obvious he's wearing down. It's time for Carroll to make the move to
start Ricky and bring Jiri in for shorter minutes off the bench.

                   Well, you won't get any arguments from me.  I've thought
Ricky should be starting from the day we got him.  It even made more sense to
me when they started talking about using Jiri some at the point (which I still
think would be a mistake for anything but emergency minutes, but it looks like
I'm alone on that one).
Why wouldn't you have him come off the bench to fill either the 1-2-3 spots
depending on the game situation?  Neither Ricky or Marcus are as versatile.

TAM