And then there's Ryan. What a nut. He actually thinks the point is to win!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ryan W" <ubiquitous_am_i@xxxxxxxxx>

> Second, this line of argument is almost as
> compelling as Danny's "I'm smarter than everybody
> else, so just trust me."  The thing is, Danny's traded
> certainty for uncertainty and so while you can point
> to some future point as the bones of your contention,
> we just have to look to the past as the proof of ours;
> in other words, whatever future success that occurs
> will still not obstruct the fact of our present
> struggles (i.e., the team quitting).  The playoffs are
> always better than non-playoffs, winning is always
> better than losing, and this year has been sabotaged
> for the myth of future success, which can always be
> pushed futher into the future until being realized
> (for such is the nature of future-based goals).  Yeah,
> we'll be better in the future, but who gives a fuck
> today when we just got abused by the Bulls?  I'm sure
> our future success isn't giving Paul Pierce any
> solace.

Does Paul Pierce even care anymore? Ryan, I've agreed with almost everything
you've written lately. I often read, "Why can't people just forget about the
ECF team?" I don't know, maybe it had something to do with the team actually
winning. That was fun. I enjoyed that. Winning seems kind of the point.
Trying to go as far as you can in the playoffs seems like the best thing to
do. They tried tossing a season away to get Tim Duncan. That didn't work out
so well. So when they finally start winning and maybe you think they might
actually try building on those wins they trash the team. No money, no faith,
no time....I don't know. Then they actually surprise everyone and go to the
second round with an injured, depleted, and diminished team. That was fun.
No way they could've built on winning the first time. Impossible the second.
So Danny comes in and destroys any hope this team has of winning by
acquiring a bunch of misplaced castoffs and talks about being Championship
Driven. Here's how it works around here now. Those wins in the not so
distant past never meant anything. Danny said so. These losses now don't
mean anything. Danny says so. So, the outcome of games don't mean anything.
See, Danny knows how to do it. All we have to do is listen to what he says,
and nothing else matters.

Paul M.