Re: Great job, Danny!

You've gone mad, Shawn Niles.  First, if Ainge ever
counted on a recovery alcoholic, he isn't as smart as
he presents himself to be.  Surely a man of his
intelligence knows that 9 out of 10 alcoholics will
relapse at least once over their 'recovery' period.
Further, Ainge traded for Raef explicitly knowing of
his injury and fully expecting him to undergoe
season-ending surgery at some time during the season.
So let's not say we counted on Raef and Vin when we
knew or should have known that they would both likely
have 'issues' at some point during the season.

In another post, you wrote,

"It's going to be so much fun to hear all of the
naysayers backtracking at this time next year."

First, yeah, that's going to be hella fun.  You and
Danny can laugh your asses off on our way to the
Finals.  Second, this line of argument is almost as
compelling as Danny's "I'm smarter than everybody
else, so just trust me."  The thing is, Danny's traded
certainty for uncertainty and so while you can point
to some future point as the bones of your contention,
we just have to look to the past as the proof of ours;
in other words, whatever future success that occurs
will still not obstruct the fact of our present
struggles (i.e., the team quitting).  The playoffs are
always better than non-playoffs, winning is always
better than losing, and this year has been sabotaged
for the myth of future success, which can always be
pushed futher into the future until being realized
(for such is the nature of future-based goals).  Yeah,
we'll be better in the future, but who gives a fuck
today when we just got abused by the Bulls?  I'm sure
our future success isn't giving Paul Pierce any
solace.

Ryan