Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] "Vin talks to Baccus every day..."-Herald

> Quotes are from the below Marc murphy column in today's Herald:

>  {Vin talks to Baccus every day, sometimes two or three times a day.
> Vin has been doing everything that he is supposed to do.'' }

	and:

>  {As of last night, Baker was still waiting for a call from Dr. Lloyd
> Baccus, head of the NBA's drug and alcohol testing program and the man
> charged with determining whether Baker was ready to return.
>
>      Only Baccus could clear Baker, who remained with his family in
> Connecticut last night, to return to the team. But as of game-time,
> despite several attempts by Baker to reach Baccus throughout the day,
> the doctor had not contacted the Celtics or the player.
>
>      ``He's frustrated with the fact that he's in great shape, and yet
> he's not able to play,'' Baker's agent, Aaron Goodwin, said. ``The
> Celtics are concentrating on the fact that they can get out of his
> contract.'' }

	Um, Mr. Goodwin, not seeming to be rude, but aren't you contradicting
yourself?
	I understand it's your job to represent Vin Baker and present him as
the victim here, but how can you have it both ways? If vin is in
contact with Dr. Baccus, multiple times, daily, as you state, no doubt
to portray him,  as someone eager to prove his compliance, why hasn't
Vin heard from him today, of all days?
	If Baker truly was talking to Baccus, daily, I'm sure it would have
been very clear to Vin, just what it would have taken to be cleared;
there should be be no surprises. Dr. Baccus was approved by the Celtics
and the players association, who he is associated with and a doctor of
that stature, would not let Baker dangle with unspecific goals. 	Sounds
like a bunch of agent crap, double talk, to me.
	I'm sorry to say, that Baker looks like a goner and people like you
are not helping his case, or his chances at recovery in the future.
Seems to me, it's you who is counting Vin's money, as a first priority,
not the Celtics.
	JB
Unchain My Heart!