Re: Great job, Danny!

In a message dated 2/12/04 8:48:27 PM Pacific Standard Time,
damekmo@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Listen, David, I feel your pain. But you have to understand that it doesn't
> matter whether they win. Ainge doesn't care about winning. Apparently,
> Pierce doesn't care about winning. They got rid of the coach who cared about
> winning. There's absolutely no reason to actually win some games and make
> the playoffs. God knows that would be a mistake. All the discussion on this
> list about X's and O's and who should be playing and how they should be
> playing, while brilliant and insightful, means nothing, because winning just
> doesn't matter. That'll come soon. Maybe next year when they get Raef the
> Enforcer back. So just watch them and laugh. Have a good time. Relax. If you
> want to watch a team that hasn't given up, the Mavs have won 13 of 16. I
> recommend watching them.
>
> Paul M.

Paul,

Look on the bright side, Paul.  Brandon Hunter and Kendrick Perkins got PT to
expedite their development, Jumaine Jones got McCarty's extra minutes to keep
Walter planted on the bench more, and the team "only" lost by 20 -- to the
Bulls -- but it was "only" 20 points.

And as all the wannabe Naismiths on this list will insist, we're still better
off in the long run. And while the C's offense is offensive, as long as
O'Brien is gone it's all good. Just thank God JOB isn't stifling the offense any
more.

And above all else, remember that losing ugly is better than winning ugly.

CeltsSteve

``In Ainge We (T)rust"