Re: Great job, Danny!

I don't believe that to be in "tank mode" was the intention of Ainge. Maybe he makes it seem that way because he has messed up so badly that he's covering himself. Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't see how his moves are making the team better for the future.

-David

-----Original Message-----
From: pmaurice <damekmo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Feb 12, 2004 11:46 PM
To: "Celtics @ igtc.com" <Celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Great job, Danny!

----- Original Message -----
From: "David J. Boutte" <dajubo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> 2:30 to go in the 4th quarter, down 107-79 to a Bulls team that's 14-38.
Danny has really done a great job of putting this Celtics team together!!!

Listen, David, I feel your pain. But you have to understand that it doesn't
matter whether they win. Ainge doesn't care about winning. Apparently,
Pierce doesn't care about winning. They got rid of the coach who cared about
winning. There's absolutely no reason to actually win some games and make
the playoffs. God knows that would be a mistake. All the discussion on this
list about X's and O's and who should be playing and how they should be
playing, while brilliant and insightful, means nothing, because winning just
doesn't matter. That'll come soon. Maybe next year when they get Raef the
Enforcer back. So just watch them and laugh. Have a good time. Relax. If you
want to watch a team that hasn't given up, the Mavs have won 13 of 16. I
recommend watching them.

Paul M.