Trading Banks...

is not something I'd do -- we've seen way too many picks develop elsewhere. But if he were part of a deal for an all-star level PG, i'd think about it.

Does anyone else think this Jeff Van Gundy-Steve Francis thing is going to get worse? Watching the Rockets briefly the other night, it seems to me they have a choice to make: Build around Yao Ming (and Jeff Van Gundy) or around Francis (and Mobley -- who would be an important piece in either scenario).

Would Houston do this trade -- it'd have to be after the season b/c of Francis BYC issues?

Ricky Davis
Marcus Banks
McCarty & Stewart
Dallas' #1
Our #1 next year

for

Steve Francis
Boston Nachbar

It would give us a very mobile lineup, free us of the possiblity to play McCarty, Hunter & Perkins would be pressed into 20 min/night, amd we'd just about have to resign Blount or go after a PF/C as a free agent and/or go after one in the draft

Houston should then trade Davis (or Mobley), Kelvin Cato, Adrian Griffin and either Dallas' #1 or their 2005 #1 to Golden St. for Van Exel (who has said he'll only play for Texas teams or retire) and Eschmeyer. Van Exel has played with Shaq, Nowitzki, Camby so I beileve he'll have an easier time playing with Yao than Francis.

Post-trade lineups
--------------------
Boston
PG: Francis / James (resigned as backup PG/SG combo ala Bobby Jax -- which would best suit James)
SG: Pierce / (James) / (Welsch)
SF: Welsch / Nachbar
PF: Hunter / Jones / FA?
C: Mihm / Perkins / (#1 pick)