Re: Joe Johnson..

Drafting JJ at that position was because he fell and no one ever thought he would be there when the Celtics picked. Giving Wallace credit for seeing the obvious there would be like saying Pitino outsmarted everyone by taking a falling Paul Pierce. I always thought JJ had talent - its nice to see him put it all together like this. Regardless of what you think, Wallace deserves to be hated. He took that one stroke of luck and took JJ. He then drafted Kedrick who for some reason he had extended a promise to take at 11 (Was it?) and continued to pass on great players to take Forte. Correct me if I am wrong (and I dont know about this part) but if we hadnt exercised that Denver pick, we could have had Carmelo this year?

GuyClinch@xxxxxxx wrote:

It's time for all you Wallace haters out there to apologize. The 2001 draft was not a failure. Joe Johnson is coming on - big time. He is starting to look like a future all-star. He is doing better then anyone on the Celtics outside of Pierce - that's right better then Ricky Davis or the great "Jiri".

A case could be made that he is the second best player from that draft class. Joe is complete player with offensive and defensive ability - few players from that draft are matching what Joe is doing now.

Truth of the matter is that it can take YEARS sometimes for an undergraduate or HS level player to develop into a good pro. People have no patience and write off guys like Joe WAY to early. Any player under 25 has PLENTY of time to blossom. Heck Dampier is having a breakout season after seven years in the pros.

Pete