Re: choosing comfort over common sense

<<<Citing terrorism risks and highly visible targets, which seem to be
thought
sufficient excuse for everything else, would at least go over better.>

<<I doubt the IOC wants to bring up terrorism and Greece's ability to defend
same.

<Why? It gets brought up continually, including by the Greeks themselves, so
it's not like it's putting ideas in peoples' minds. And if you mean out of
delicacy, you have just GOT to be kidding...

Sorry but I just don't see the IOC being "OK" with any country's
representative saying that the IOC cannot be trusted to protect their
athletes in the Olympic Village from terrorists organizations sending in
suicide bombers or bio/chem attacks.  News reporters are one thing, the US
Olympic committee saying it is something else entirely.

<Jim
---