Re: choosing comfort over common sense

---Kim wrote								:
--- Start of quoted text:
The common sense for this "competition" is protecting yourself as best as
possible.  If having beds that fit and private bathrooms is considered to
much comfort by some, well to each their own I guess.  Other NBA players
from other countries are opting out as well.  The whole process should be
true non-pro's as far as I'm concerned.  When you have pros like Barkley
"representing" you, who wants these guys there anyway?
--- end of quoted text ---

The whole thing should have always been true non-pros.
--- end of quote ---

You've got to be kidding me. How many major sports have "true non-pros" in the
Olympics? In basketball, excluding the US NCAA teams, I don't think there's
been a single amateur player in the tournament in the last several decades. As
long as there's something at stake, countries will always try to send their
best. And the best these days almost invariably means professional athletes.
Kestas