Re: Did space-eater CENTER to compete

Not really smart thinking though, is it? To begin with, you're looking at him into his 8the season, when he's finally having a breakout year with things like almost double his career average in boards. I don't think he's a one year wonder, but given the track record of his being considered a bit of an underachiever, you have to consider that possibility. While you're saying to go after him when his price is at its peak (and what that would mean to whom else we might sign) because of that, even though it's not as if he would push us over the top no matter how much of an upgrade you see him over what we have. Which gets into the flip side - you've also left a significant name off your list who IS a genuine space eater - Kendrick. Agree with it or not, or with how he implements it, Ainge does seem to have a plan and Kendrick appears to be his nomination to to be what Eric should have shown a few years ago in about the time he expects to have other pieces in place for us to at least be considered legititmate contenders and that to matter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx
Sent: Feb 2, 2004 9:50 PM
To: celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Did space-eater CENTER to compete

If Danny is setting up the team for a championship, don't you think you need
a "space-eater" playing center? Danny can't see Blount as his long term
center, having played with the Chief at center and McHale at the power forward.
While I really like Mihm, I don't see him being a championship center, with a Yao,
Shaq and Duncan out there. You at least need a guy who can keep those beasts
out of the lane. It made me sick to see Mihm foul Shaq and then meekly
apolagize. Dampier could be the guy....

BTW, Dampier is having a monster game tonight....

DJessen33