re: Mason (was: story missing)

See, I'm not counting on anything from Baker. Nothing. And if I'm building a
team, I build it with the assumption that you'll get nothing from Baker. The
minute you start to depend on him, is the minute he burns you. I'm assuming
Baker is a max-contract immovable object for two more seasons. Nothing more.
So that's why I think Mason would be a good pickup on a one-year deal.

I hope you're right and Baker improves enough to be showcased and induce
some idiot to trade for him, but I just don't believe it will happen.
Trading for Baker takes a special kind of idiot, and he's still paid by the
Celtics (although hopefully not for long).

Mark

Ray wrote:

And I say forget it. The number one priority as far as rehabilitating ex-All
Stars
has to be Baker. By bringing Mason in, you just muddy the waters
and dilute Vin's necessary re-emergence.

If Baker wasn't around or completely useless ala last season, Mason would be
 a good pick up, but with
Baker here and needing to be showcased, showcased, showcased,
the Celtics will have to take a pass on Mason.