From: Josh Ozersky [mailto:joshozersky@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 10:56 AM
To: Berry, Mark S; 'celtics@xxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: ProJo's Bill Reynolds on the C's

I think they're just leaking that to Reynolds so as to lessen the
pressure on Banks.  He's the most NBA-ready point of all
the rookies -- this year's tony parker.  There's no way the
Celtics are going to wait two years for the guy to develop
into a starting point guard.  He's going into the fire, and then
we'll see.  It just doesn't make any sense.  It should have said,
a year or two from being a "top-flight" nba point.  Shit, JR Bremer
is an nba point guard, if that's all you're talking about, and Mike
James too.

I sure hope Obie has the sense to play twon at the three.  Maybe
not against Shawn Marion or Jamal Mashburn, but against the
Rick Foxes, etc. of the world, why not?

josh

josh

"Berry, Mark S" <berrym@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here's a blurb from Bill Reynolds' column in the Providence Journal. I
actually found it encouraging. I think most are expecting far too much of
Marcus Banks this season. I love him as a player and his potential, but even
the best rookie point guards generally struggle to adjust. It's just the
nature of the position. Assuming Reynolds knows what the heck he's talking
about, I'm glad the Celtics aren't considering him the savior.

Also, the stuff about Antoine really is encouraging. I'd love nothing more
than to see him out there playing small forward alongside Blount and Battie.
(I know I'm dreaming.... ) Obviously, I'm not counting on Baker for
anything.

Mark

The word from the Celtics is (1) Marcus Banks is a year or two away from
being an NBA point guard, (2) Vinnie Baker is in great shape, and (3)
Antoine's lost roughly 25 pounds, as he's no doubt trying to convince Danny
Ainge that he should be part of the team's future.
Speaking of Baker, he was shopping a book proposal in New York last winter
that talked about his problems with both alcohol and depression.
  _____

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=10469/*http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com>
SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software