Re: ProJo's Bill Reynolds on the C's

Am I the only one not concerned by Vinnie's inability
to self-diagnose his ailments?  Who cares if he once
thought he was depressed?  It does not matter.  Vinnie
is not qualified to make such a judgment.  (Nor are we
qualified to pass judgment on Vinnie's
self-judgment...but that's another matter altogether).
 The fact is that he probably said he was depressed to
hide the fact of his alcoholism.

As for this Frank Hughes article that was
posted....was not anybody blown away by his lack of
professionalism?  Hughes has made his career by riping
on Baker....and he hasn't stopped since Vinnie's been
traded (Hughes is based out of Seattle).  I don't give
a rat's ass what he thinks (reporter are paid to
report, not to think or to report on what they think)
about Vinnie...and this latest article is basically
his first person account of his thoughts concerning an
article published in the Globe.  Since when is it
permissable for a journalist to publish, as an
article, personal thoughts concerning some other
article?  It is hardly newsworthy what Frank Hughes
thought about an article that appeared in the Globe.

As for not knowing what to believe concerning
Vinnie...well, I choose to believe what is most
current.  What happened in the past is in the past,
and I'm not going to call out Vinnie for discretions
he may or may not have been guilty of.  He was/is an
alcoholic for Christ's sake!  What's the point to go
back in time and deride him for things that he did in
the midst of his addiction?  Comparing alcoholic
Vinnie to "cured" Vinnie is bound to bring out
inconsistencies in behaviour...it's the nature of the
comparison.  I say we (as a list) refrain from such
activity for this very reason...because it's outcome
is predetermined.  It's better to discuss and debate
things that actually demand discussion and debate.

Ryan