Re: Oneal

< Talk about an about face.

A few years ago you waxed on poetic while vehemently railing Pitino at
the mere suggestion of trading for O'Neal; that his overtures to Portland
for such an unproven player in exchange for three 1st rounders were
ludicrous (one of which was the pick that netted Moiso which in turn
begat McCleod and 1st rounder from Philly that eventually became
Kendrick Perkins).

Now you want to unload half the team including a 3-time All Star
for him? I guess your hearty endorsement these days of O'Neal says
that RP was actually dead on in regard to him from the get-go. >
- CeltsSteve

Yet another rabid Pavlov's dog response to the mere mention of Jermaine
O'Neal.

Isn't it time you got over your support of Pitino, CeltsSteve?  That was
then, now is now.  Must you continue to go back so many years to fight
lost battles?

Two things have happened since that Pitino swashbuckling trade proposal.

1) O'Neal finally came into his own after five years in the league... two
(or was it three) years after the Pitino trade proposal.  Would we have
still had O'Neal under contract at the point of his epiphany? Additionally,
could we have afforded to re-sign him now?

2) Who knew then that we would eventually fritter away those valuable
three 1st-round picks, thus adding credence to Pitino's proposed trade?

Egg