Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] Talking trade / The small talk is wearing thin

In a message dated 10/27/03 6:10:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Celtic4Hire@xxxxxxx writes:

> "Might be here?" I think the deal is done.
>
> This is the second printing of this for the second day this one is dated
> today. Note the comment that still has to play like he MIGHT still be here. I
> think the agents already know the deal is down and the players know. Knight
> can't be traded until the 30th. If he doesn't play tomorrow night, that would be
> further evidence. If Battie doesn't play on Wednesday, it will be for sure.
> But I just hope that it includes a no. 1....

DJ,

Knight was traded as part of a multiplayer deal on Sept. 30 (see below). I'm
too lazy to check the fine print in the CBA to verify if he falls under the
"can't be traded again until 60 days have passed" thingy or not but if he does,
holding Battie out on Wednesday (Oct. 29th) is irrelevant. If Knight doesn't
fall under the 60-day rule it's a moot point to begin with and the C's could
just go ahead now and pull the trigger and be done with it if Ainge is looking
to line up another expiring contract.

That would give Ainge three expiring contracts: Mills [$6.6M], EW [$5.54M],
and BK [$5M] ) totaling over $17M plus at least 2 first round picks -- as well
as any pick(s) the C's could wrangle out of Phoenix for taking Knight off
their hands and giving the Suns a desperately needed big man -- to play with
before the trade deadline. Why am I envisioning shades of the old TV show "Let's
Make A Deal" hosted by Monty Hall?

Suns, Grizzlies Execute Five-Player Trade

PHOENIX (Sept. 30) -- The <A HREF="aol://1722:phoenixsuns/">Phoenix Suns</A> on Tuesday acquired three players,
including guard Brevin Knight, from the <A HREF="aol://1722:memphisgrizzlies/">Memphis Grizzlies</A> for forward Bo Outlaw
and center Jake Tsakalidis

CeltsSteve