Re: re: re: D'ellasandro: Celtics 8th in east

Ray wrote:

I think you're putting Philly too low.

--- --- ---

I probably should have learned my lesson after Obie, but I have first-hand
experience with the Randy Ayers Effect. He butchered Ohio State's program to
the point where no college would touch him. He was awful. Larry Brown
rescued him and threw him a bone by making him conditioning coach (an excuse
to keep Ayers in coaching - no one else would have hired him), and he just
waited around long enough to get the job. And it's always the kiss of death
when an assistant takes over a guy like Iverson. It took everything Larry
Brown had to keep Iverson's head on straight. Now Randy Ayers is going to do
it? Plus, Glenn Robinson just doesn't do much for me. How long before the
first Iverson-Robinson feud?

Now, could everything click and the Sixers improve? Sure. But I don't see
it.

Mark

P.S. Former Boston College coach Jim O'Brien (or, as I like to call him,
"the good Jim O'Brien") came in after Ayers and rescued the Ohio State
program. He's a guy who would be a great NBA coach - great X&O guy, player
friendly, good bench coach, all the ingredients - but seems to have no
interest. Anyway, thought some of you BC fans might like an update on our
Obie.