Re: Players to watch

>>1) Why have the Knicks been so eager to rid themselves of Kurt
Thomas when they have so many power forwards but no one else
to play center?<<

I think most Knicks fans have come to the conclusion that Layden is an idiot.
I'd be hard pressed to argue with them.

>>2) Why would Chicago allegedly attempt to trade the upcoming
Crawford when Jay Williams is out for the year and Hinrick is a
talented rookie who may never fit into their game plan?<<

Like I said before, the Bulls are not happy with the way he has been running
the triangle.  They think he's shooting too much and not being a team player.
He has been in the doghouse for the majority of last year and this preseason
hasn't been any better.
Hinrich has had his struggles, but they are thrilled with the way he runs the
system and love his on the ball defensive pressure.  They think it's only a
matter of time.
They always have Scotty Pippen to fall back on and, next to the Coach, he has
been one of Hinrich's biggest supporters.  He said he thinks he'll be the
next John Stockton.  And Pippen may be chomping at the bit at the thought of
becoming a top dog again.
It would be a gamble giving up on Crawford because he is a talented scorer.
It may just be an issue of this not being the best system for him.

>>3) Why did Jerry West opt for Bell and Jones in the draft when he
needed help at so many other positions?<<

I've been wondering the same thing since draft night.  I think West was
enamored with Jones' athleticism and his Duke pedigree.  But Jones had a lot of
baggage that came with him and for all his high wire acts, he still has a lot to
learn about playing the game.
I'm curious as to how Bell will fit into a team like Memphis.
I just don't see it.  It's hard to be critical of the Logo, but I haven't
been a fan of what he's done in Memphis.

TAM