Re: Aldridge still using fallacious reasoning

--- Kestutis Kveraga <Kestutis.Kveraga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> --- You wrote:
> Thus, D.A.'s argument isn't as much a logical
> fallacy (way to pull out "fallacious" in the subject
> line) as much as it is a plea for a better
> negotiation
> ploy.  Of course, Danny probably tried that and got
> Mills' expiring contract and the first rounder...
> --- end of quote ---
>
> It's not about logic here, Ryan, it's about the
> ludicrousness of Aldridge's
> arguments. What I think is happening is Aldridge
> loves Toine, is offended by
> the "disrespect" the Celtics showed him, so he's
> grasping at straws to
> criticize the deal.

Well, I doubt that D.A. "loves" Toine...he has been
critical of him in the past.  But I look at his
non-objectiveness as a nice counter balance against
the other non-objective writers out there who "hated"
Toine....like his fellow ESPN cohort Peter May or the
Globe's Ryan.  Each of those "journalists" has their
own specific agenda to further.  I share you digust at
that...  I guess I've always thought that journalists
were supposed to be objective, looking at both sides
of the story and letting the reader decide for
themselves.  What we have nowadays, either by the
journalist's intent or by the public's demand to be
fed opinions (it's easier to be told what to think
than to actually have to think about yourself), is a
news industry masquerading as objective purveyors of
reality when in actuality just exposing their own
slant.  D.A.'s guilty of this, as are most
"journalists"...even the A.P. writers.  What makes
this acceptable is when the "journalist" makes this
known to his or her reading public.  Of course, I'm
not even factoring in the strange phenomenon of
journalists becoming personalities (look at shows like
"Around the Horn" or "Pardon the Interruption") where
their job is not even remotely related to journalism
anymore.  Instead they're just there to spout
opinions...the more outlandish and shocking the
better.  I'm sick of it.  How hard is it to simply
inform?  Of course, it's fun to be influential as well
(or at least to think you're being influential).

Ryan