Re: Aldridge still using fallacious reasoning

Mr. Logic Strikes Again!  You need your own TV show
(this week, on Mr. Logic, Kestas explains why the
concept of 'ethics' is meaningless because it purports
to use logical analysis to discover inherently
illogical determinations).  Ok, Kestas, here is what I
think is D.A. is getting at: leverage.  By trading the
second-best player (our second best assest), we should
be afforded greater trade leverage than Dallas should
be afforded by trading their 5th or 6th best player.
Taking into account this relative rank, we should able
to say to Dallas (when attempting to get more out of
them), "hey, this is our second-best player....he
plays like 2 positions for our team.  We've asked for
Raef and Jiri...two players that you won't really miss
and who aren't really important long term
either...plus Raef has a long contract at big
money...do you think you could throw in a little
more?"  Thus, D.A.'s argument isn't as much a logical
fallacy (way to pull out "fallacious" in the subject
line) as much as it is a plea for a better negotiation
ploy.  Of course, Danny probably tried that and got
Mills' expiring contract and the first rounder...

Ryan

--- Kestutis Kveraga <Kestutis.Kveraga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>