just wondering...

I was feeling a little bad that it took me a bit to get the latest info on
the Celtics up on the CBW, until today, when I visited the FSNE site and
the Sports illustrated sites, which had Celtics info outdated by at least a
week.  NBA.com finally updated the Celtics roster, but it surprises me that
some of the national sites are quite slow to keep up.

Like other people, I've been annoyed at the FSNE's habit of cutting away to
replays, graphics, bench shots, closeups--anything but the developing
action on the court.  I went to their site, www.fsnnewengland.com , and
sent them an e-mail mentioning this.

Though, on the positive side were the commercials for the director's cut of
"Alien".  Firstly, because any commercial on FSNE that wasn't for Dunkin
Donuts, Foxwoods, or Accountemps was welcome.  Second, I'm not a fan of the
poor excuse for horror movies epitomized by the remake of "The Texas
Chainsaw Massacre".  "Alien" was a haunted house in space and was genuinely
scary.  After you see it, go get "Aliens" as therapy, where you see SMART
characters in a monster movie.  Skip the rest of the series, though.

Is it coincidence that "Amazing Grace and Chuck" making the cable
rounds?  No, sadly, everyone's pulling out any movie with the
recently-deceased Gregory Peck in it.  Oddly, it's one of the few
Celtics-related movies that was any good, even if it IS goofy.

Can someone tell me WHY it is that TNT thinks it's a good idea to broadcast
tonight's game between the (pllbbbbttt) Lakers and Clippers?  I guess
everyone's wondering if Kobe remembers how to play basketball?  How out of
shape is Shaq?  Does anyone really care, including the Lakers themselves,
about the outcome of this game?  I'm going out on a limb and predicting the
Lakers fall apart totally, and will be extremely lucky to make the playoffs
this year, forget about winning.

Seeing Latrell Spreewell blow an easy breakaway basket just makes me smile,
the son of a muppet should be banished.

I know it was only one game, and an exhibition game at that.  But it is
hard not to think about what the C's season will be like if they play like
this all the way.

"I have my books/And my poetry to protect me" department:  Maybe Paul
Pierce should have stuck those leadership books in brown paper bags until
after the trade was announced.  Speaking of Simon & Garfunkel, go see the
tour--with guests the Everly Brothers.  And if you DO go, beg, plead and
scream for them to sing "Graceland" together.  Just thinking of the
four-part harmony after the instrumental bridge is enough to make music
beagles feel faint.

The drawback of speaking bluntly as Danny Ainge often does is that it's
easy to see when he's trying not to give away what he shouldn't, as clearly
exposed during his interview with Mike Gorman and Tommy Heinsohn.  Credit
to Mike and Tommy for bypassing the BS and asking the pointed questions
that fans were asking.

I like Vin Baker, but not--yet--as a starter.  Contrary to Celtics'
assertions, I think he actually needs a few less minutes for another couple
of weeks anyway.  He's looked a bit tired at the end of the last two games;
and while he's obviously in the best shape of the last decade, I think
they're pushing him just a bit TOO much.

Waltah! has looked a LOT more lovable in the last two games.

Is anyone out there still wondering IF the C's will sign Kedrick to an
extension?  I'm wondering why they're waiting so long to put a pen in his hand.

It's a tossup who had more fun at last night's game--the players, or the fans.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle