From: Snoopy the Celtics Beagle <snoopy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Oct 20, 2003 9:31 PM
To: celtics@xxxxxxxx, celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Trader Dan's clearance sale not over yet...

<snip>
The comment about the books spurs further consideration of Pierce's
necessarily changed role with the Celtics. He's no longer the CO-captain,
he's the Captain. Whereas before he could lead by example, since Antoine
was vocal enough for both of them; now, he must be an active leader, and
fill the emotional void left with Antoine's flight to Texas. Pierce has
never been the most vocal of people, perhaps deferring to Antoine out of
preference as much as practicality. Now, he must speak up, and carry the team.

Among many other things we'll learn about the Celtics in the coming days
and weeks, we'll learn if Paul Pierce will be the leader this team needs so
very much.