re:more

>>I have a problem with running a guy down on his way out of town and to me
that is clearly what the C's are doing here. Antoine will play 30+ minutes a
nite in Dallas by the end of the first month of the season. He is not as good as
some on here think, but to listen to some of you on here you would think we
were giving them Vin Baker instead of Antoine Walker. >>

Celtics management not the members of this list. The whole Antoine debate is an old
one on this list and no one is going to change their minds. My problem is
with the Celtics via comments by Ainge, Wyc, and through whats been released to
the media basically running Walker down. >>>>

  In the case of what I posted, these were Antoine's thoughts as relayed by
Grousbeck. I don't think it was said to denigrate Walker.
They just interviewed Donnie Nelson and asked him basically the same question
about playing time and Nelson essentially said Antoine will have to find a
way to fit in with the "big three".
  He said that everyone who has come to Dallas understands that their shots
and points are going to take a hit.
I don't think people are taking that into consideration when comparing the
stats of the players involved.