Re: More

Oops Kestutis, I wasnt clear in my typing. I was talking about the Celtics management not the members of this list. The whole Antoine debate is an old one on this list and no one is going to change their minds. My problem is with the Celtics via comments by Ainge, Wyc, and through whats been released to the media basically running Walker down. I dont think its all that professional.

Kestutis Kveraga wrote:

--- You wrote:
I have a problem with running a guy down on his way out of town and to me that
is clearly what the C's are doing here. Antoine will play 30+ minutes a nite
in Dallas by the end of the first month of the season. He is not as good as
some on here think, but to listen to some of you on here you would think we
were giving them Vin Baker instead of Antoine Walker. --- end of quote ---

Sean, we've been over this a million times: it's not about whether Toine is a
talented player - which he is, it's about what his unique talents and
resistance to change were doing to the team. It was going to be the same old,
and same old wasn't good enough for those of us who are celebrating today. Yes, he was the face of the Celtics for 7 years, he was a warrior and a leader,
but sometimes leaders take their followers astray. I would've been for keeping
him, quirks and all, if he were willing to change, but he made it very clear
that he had no intention to do that. I think it's very telling that his first
question was how many minutes he was going to get in Dallas. His second was
probably, how many touches? I think Pierce, as the superior, and (hopefully) more team-oriented player,
should be the leader anyway. Kestas