RE: My thoughts on the Toine trade

Kestas, this trade hinges on a couple of things I'm not at all confident
about: 1. Obie (no explanation necessary) and, 2. our point guards.

I have no faith in Obie developing an offense. If the Celtics actually ran
an offense, I have no doubt that this roster could score just as many
points, do it more efficiently and improve the rebounding and defense. But
now I'm afraid the your-turn/my-turn offense will just be my-turn, with
Pierce creating all the time.

I'd have slightly more confidence if I thought either point guard was really
ready to run a team. I like Banks, but he's not ready yet. James is what he
is.

By 2005, this could be a really good team with Perkins, Lafrentz, Banks,
Pierce and a coach with a clue. But the fans will have to be patient.

Mark