re:the trade

I am glad to hear that a trade happened, but, I just don't know if we are trying to do anything this year or not. I don't see how this gets us closer to #17, in many ways it seems like we are trying to become the Clippers.

A lineup with Pierce in it is good, but other than that our lineup is suspect in my opinion. So now the front office will load up on Jayhawks instead of Wildcats, is that it?

Ok, so Antoine is good, great we have his contract off of the books. But wait, we just added 2 additional years for another big contract? Great we save $4 million per year the next two years from Antoine's contract compared to a $10 million/year deal. But we add an additional 2 years of a long term deal.

Now, I am not a math major, but doesn't that handcuff us for 2 additional years? Or are we now just preparing for the 2007-08 free agent class when Raef and Vin are off of the books?

Kim- where does this leave the salary cap?

Is this just the first step toward something else? I just don't get it. I cannot understand why we did not get more in return, it seems like cannon fodder to me. (as a disclaimer, I have not watched much of the players traded for Antoine, so I may easily be way off base). I know you have to trade for something, but with the Mavs lineup, I sure would have preferred someone else.