Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] CBW review/Is there a doctor in the house?

On Sunday, October 19, 2003, at 02:23  AM, Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
wrote:

> Tom Heinsohn said that "they (the Celtics PTBs) talked to" Antoine
> about moving the bulk of his offense in toward the hoop.

	Snoopy
**********************
	PTBs ? Quest que sa?
	Are you sure it wasn't Dr. Jeckyl? Er, I mean Neudnagle? Did you see
the quotes in the Herald article?
________
" It's a very important way of being able to project what a player will
do and what kinds of things
you can do to get him to maximize his abilities."
  ``I think he's one of the brightest minds in sports. I think he can
help people in their lives."
	``I may give him a special assignment if I feel there's a need,'' he
said. ``I'm not going to put him in front of our whole team. I may give
him one player that I think he might be able to help."
	``I wouldn't have taken the job with the Celtics if I wouldn't have
been able to use John's help.''
	___________
	Priceless!
	Perhaps we have a psychiatrist in kook's clothing here. If so, I
suppose it can't hurt.
	The real issue here, imho, between winning and losing at this level,
is that you have players with immense talent and they have to decide
whether they want to take 20-25 shots per game; score over twenty
points, be on the all-star team, have their own sneakers and video game
highlights and recieve max contracts, or: if they want to take 10-15
shots (only the uncontested ones) per game, run the floor on offense
and play tough defense (which will limit their minutes and touches) and
perhaps win a championship, but get a mid level contract and no
all-star teams.
	Is this why Dr Neidnugle was hired? To talk to our boys? Bill Russell
was brought in to do pretty much the same thing a few years ago.
	Interesting development, the official hiring of the "brain" doctor,
n'est pas?

	JB

Unchain My Heart!