Maybe Danny just thinks everything is going well.

There's a way of reading everything you wrote Egg without coming to the
conclusion that Pagliuca didn't give Danny the OK to be his own man.
Pagliuca chased Danny for this job. If I remember correctly Danny turned him
down the first time they spoke. Danny didn't need this job. Why should
anybody assume that Danny wasn't allowed to bring his own coach in? Why
would he take the job under those circumstances? Why would he take the job
if he wasn't allowed to be his own man? Sure Danny has to talk to the
owners. But that doesn't mean that the owners don't trust his judgment. I
assume they hired him because they couldn't trust Wallace's. Let me quickly
skip to your Final Thoughts: " Ainge deferred to Pag on the Obie signing, to
Wallace on our draft picks, and to Obie on the McCarty/Blount signings."
How about Ainge agrees with Pag on the Obie signing and didn't argue against
it for that reason, he deferred to Wallace on the draft picks because he
didn't know much about the available players and there wasn't enough time to
catch up or he actually agreed with the decisions, and he agreed with Obie
and Pags on the signings of McCarty / Blount because he likes what the
players give the team in limited minutes. Am I supposed to believe that
Danny took this job and hasn't done a damn thing except defer to others this
whole time? He took the job just to be a "Yes Man?" What has the guy done?
Not his draft picks? Not his decision on Obie? Not his decision on
re-signing players? Head of Basketball Operations? Why take the job if
you're just going to be Chris Wallace? Why hire Chris Wallace again? Mark
asked in one of his posts the other day if  we thought Danny was happy with
the way things are going, implying he couldn't possibly be happy with the
way things are going. When I look at the evidence of Danny's work as Head of
Basketball Operations...sure he's happy. He has the coach he wants, the
players he wants, he agrees that Walker and Pierce aren't going to change,
he says he likes what he sees on the floor. Everybody on this list thought
Danny was going to come in and do the right thing because the right thing to
do was so obviously apparent. Maybe Danny just doesn't agree now that he has
the job. Either he's mistaken or most people on this list are mistaken.
Maybe Danny's just another idiot. Or maybe he just agrees with Ryan. More
talent. A decent coach who get the most out of his players. More wins.
That's the goal.

Paul M.