Re: Ain't gonna allow anyone to fool around with ME and Paul

< Logically, then, the part that Pagliuca didn't approve must have been
canning Obie, right? > - Kestas

< Egg....and how do you know Pagliuca didn't give Danny the OK to be his
own man and fire O'Brien? >  - Paul M.

I only know what I have posted several times. The Celt owners (Pagliuca
being the most aggressive, hands-on obnoxiousiosa among them) felt that
Obie had concocted a pretty tasty meal from the groceries Wallace had
purchased.  And they could ill afford a team mutiny.

A lot of the local media felt (and still feel) the same.  Obie is a survivor,
no matter how poor we consider his coaching skills. Here is the dilemma -
if our team has so little talent, and our coach is as bad as I think he is,
then how come we have made the playoffs two years in a row?  My own
rationale is that if we dropped Pierce from our roster we would likely
have been looking at a string of 35-47 seasons. Same with McGrady in
Orlando, Iverson in Philly, and Carter in Toronto.

It offends me that if fired, Obie would likely be hired within 48 hours
by another team.  I simply have little respect for this stubborn guy and
feel that if we could rid ourselves of both Obie and Toine, I might then
be able to cleanse my mind of negative Celt thoughts.  All then would
be calm in my own little personal Bball world.

As for Walker, Pagliuca is not fond of him.  He approved the multi-player
trade with Chicago which was about to happen when Jay Williams had his
ill-fated motorcycle accident.  Since that near-trade, Pag and Ainge (who
are truly attached at the hip) have NOT been pleased with any of the other
AW trade proposals such as Walker for Sprewell, etc.  In fact, they are
incredulous at how little interest there has been among other GM's being
willing to reshape their teams around Walker's unique skill set.

FINAL THOUGHTS - Ainge deferred to Pag on the Obie signing, to Wallace
on our draft picks, and to Obie on the McCarty/Blount signings.  Until
timid innocence blossoms into extreme license, nothing much will change.
Ainge has shown us neither the clout nor the NBA connections that we
assumed he might have, and is neither as personable nor as up front as
we hoped he might be. Show me a con man and I will show you a thief.
Ainge will always be beholden to Pagliuca; it is the foundation of their
relationship.

EGG