Re: Ain't gonna allow anyone to fool around with ME and Paul

--- You wrote:
I believe the correct word is ``disrespect'' for
a new Director of Operations who neither had the courage nor the OK
from Pagliuca to be his own man.  Obie and Walker are still here.
--- end of quote ---

Egg, you've said many times this summer that DA was all but listing Toine on
eBay and that Toine is still here only because DA was getting nothing in
return? (Although donating him to the local thrift store sounds good to me at
this point; alas, you can't get a tax writeoff according to the CBA). Since
you're also implying that DA isn't allowed to do something of this magnitude on
his own, that means the flogging of Toine to anyone who'd pick up the phone was
approved by the owners. Logically, then, the part that Pagliuca didn't approve
must have been canning Obie, right?
If so, why? Is he blind with love for the Destroyer of Dayton and his beatiful
motion offense (that he has yet to institute after 3 years)? Afraid of the
supposed player rebellion that, as the PR firm intimated this summer, would
result from not re-signing Obie? This is similar to the Pacers situation this
summer -  except there it was even worse: the best player on the Pacers openly
campaigning for his coach and threatening not to re-sign if Isiah is fired.
Bird, being Bird, fired the incompetent fool and told Jermaine to stuff it. As
far as I know, Pierce isn't as rabidly pro-Obie as O'Neal was pro-Isiah. As for
the rest of the Obiephiles -  the Toine-Ewill-MCarty crowd - who cares? They
can all go as far I'm concerned. We have plenty of able-bodied replacements
that are a lot more fun to watch than those three. I don't care if the Celtics
have to take a step back - as presently constituted they're going nowhere until
the Toine-Obie stranglehold is removed. I'd rather watch a lineup of
Perkins-Hunter-Brown-Pierce-Banks win 20 games than the Obie loyalists eking
out 40 wins and declaring the season a major success.

Kestas, hoping for a quick implosion this season as the only route to change
and improvement.