Re: Some great stuff from Antoine today...

--- You wrote:
Some things are so predictable. Who among us was surprised that:

1.	It took Obie all of three preseason games to park two of his rookies
on the bench for the whole game? Nice developmental skills. No one expects
Perkins and Hunter to play much during the regular season, but the third
preseason game? Are you kidding me?

2.	Obie would pull out the old "we haven't put in a halfcourt offense
yet" excuse? Forget three preseason games. We're going on three years and I
still haven't seen a halfcourt offense.

3.	And then there's the capper today from Antoine. Check out the quotes
below from today's Globe and Herald. Some of us have been saying all along
that nothing would change unless Antoine and Obie were gone. Well, are any
of the doubters starting to see why we said that? Do you think Ainge is
happy with the way things are going?

--- end of quote ---

I watched the tape of the Indy game, read the quotes and y'all's posts, and I'm
depressed. Obie and Toine put an end to my optimism earlier this season than
ever before. It's only the middle of October, and I'm officially into
counting-the-days mode, like I was in Pitino's last season. The rebirth of this
team cannot start until the Tumor-Named-Toine and his growth factor Obie are
excised from the body of this team. It's time to don the surgical mask and
gloves, Danny! The sooner you perform the surgery, the better the prognosis for
this team.
Kestas

PS Imagine what a run-of-the-mill, rebounding fool PF like Carlos Boozer could
do for this team? Also, got to see erstwhile Celtics PGs Bremer and Strickland
last night, and they were both playing really  well. It's amazing how much
better PGs look when they're not required to hand the ball over to Toine and go
stand in the corner. Banks has no chance - the only PGs that would not be
strangled by Toine and Obie are Kidd and Payton.