Re: Some great stuff from Antoine today...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Berry, Mark S" <berrym@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> 3. And then there's the capper today from Antoine. Check out the quotes
> below from today's Globe and Herald. Some of us have been saying all along
> that nothing would change unless Antoine and Obie were gone. Well, are any
> of the doubters starting to see why we said that? Do you think Ainge is
> happy with the way things are going?

Well, let's see what Danny the Saviour Boy Who's Going to Change Everything
Because He's Not Stupid says about the way things are going.

"Danny Ainge has championed changing the offensive philosophy from the day
he became director of basketball operations last spring, and he likes what
he sees forming on the floor each day in practice. And that includes the
collaborations between Walker and his point guards. `'I think every point
guard adjusts to who he plays with in the same way that a quarterback
adjusts,'' Ainge said. ``No one is going to make Antoine
and Paul change, but people will make adjustments. ``Point guards have to
recognize who their teammates are and what they need,'' he said. ``But I
think it's going good. I've seen Antoine run the floor very well, and I'm
paying more attention to what happens in training camp than the exhibition
games themselves."

Mark, I'm long past arguing with you about Obie and Antoine, but  what's
with all this faith in Danny? Do I think Danny is happy with the way things
are going? He's RESPONSIBLE for the way things are going. If you're not
happy there's only one person to blame. Maybe he couldn't trade Antoine.
Fine. Nobody wanted him and he's going to have more value at the end of the
year. But why keep Obie? Why waste any time at all on a coach who is so
obviously incapable of devising an offense and coaching young players. Was
this news to Danny? He's been watching this team. Here's a thought. Maybe
Danny's just as incompetent. Obie's still there. Antoine's still there.
Danny says he's happy with the way things are going and they haven't changed
much, have they? If Danny's not happy he should do something about it. It's
on him.

Paul M.