Re: ESPN Insider on the Celtics

On Friday, October 10, 2003, at 03:32  PM, Kestutis Kveraga wrote:

> And what's this nonsense about
> Pierce being the best point guard on the team? He's a great player,
> and his
> passing out of double teams has improved dramatically, but come on...

****************
	The best pass, last night was from Pierce to Kedrick Brown cutting to
the hoop from the top of the key, for a monster slam.
	The only other player on the team who might be considered is Walker,
but he doesn't play guard.
	None of our "so called" point guards have shown any capability to
create in the half court or make any passes, except up the floor to an
open man, to try and start a break. Oh, sorry, there was one drive and
dish by James, to Kendrick Perkins,(who has hands Mark Blount would die
for and finished like a man).
	I'm totally disappointed with the lack of point guard skills from
James and Banks and am patiently awaiting the return of Tony Delk, who
at least can drain the open jumper. The team will improve dramatically,
when he returns to the starting point guard position, perhaps as early
as tonight.
	If I were Ainge, watching the play of Kedrick Brown and Vin Baker, who
have both impressed, I'd be talking trade of Mike James and Eric
Williams, for the best point guard available.
	Without a true point guard, this team could sink to new lows, with
one, we could be playing the Lakers in June
	JB

Unchain My Heart!