Re: Kendrick Perkins

Mark,

Excellent bit about Kendrick. I think you're right on the money here. I
don't possess the analytic ability of many on this list, at least regarding
discussion of basketball, but it appears the kid has the talent and the
maturity to develop it.

Aside from Baker's good play the other night, I was most excited about
Kendrick. Going into that first game, I regarded him as possibly
contributing in 3 years and being pretty good a couple years after that.
Now, I wouldn't be surprised to see him contribute *this* year and, if he
develops as I think he can/will, could vie for an All-Star spot in 3 years
or so.

He's certainly worlds better than Blount and has the heft that Battie
doesn't and seems more comfortable at the 5 spot than anyone else on the
team. I expect he'll see a lot more minutes this year than we
thought--hopefully in the lineup we saw in the 2nd quarter with Kendrick,
Baker and Kedrick along the front line. That 2nd quarter was the most
exciting part of the game. Too bad it was back to the same old rut in the
3rd quarter.

Rich D.