Det. game notes

What a fun game! I couldn't feel better about a 15 point loss. Call it a feel-good loss, which is only possible in the preseason, mind you... (as you read, keep in mind that I missed most of the first quarter)

* Several times during the game I thought "I didn't know the Pistons signed Erick Strickland." Alas, it was a glimpse of Corliss Williamson I was seeing in the corner of the screen. Spittin' images, at least on quick glance.

* I still have confetti in my hair from the Kedrick Brown coming out party. He did everything. He looked great getting out on the break and rebounding and stroked some 3's. But my favorite play was a very simple one. Kedrick was outside the three point line, just to the left of the point. Marcus Banks was bringing the ball up (quickly! :-) the right side. Brown broke to the top of the key, Banks hit him right in stride *as Kedrick was moving towards the basket.* Kedrick simply caught, elevated as only he can, and swished a 18-footer. Smooth play. It's a point guard gentlemen and ladies!

* It tells you about the state of the game and the draft when the 13th pick (Banks) of the draft plays a lot more that the #2 pick (Darko), and the 56th pick plays just as much as the #2. Darko really showed nothing except a no look skip pass, and the ability to get bowled over by Brandon Hunter.

* I tell you what, we got ourselves a garbage player in Kendrick Perkins. Boy did the kid turn it on with two minutes left, down by nearly 20. When it's garbage crunch time, I want the hands in Perkins ball. (Reverse that. Thank you.) Seriously, he showed a nice jump hook a couple of time and a "nifty" reverse layup.

*My favorite part of the game was the Celtics promo showing Peirce hitting that big three at the end of one of the playoff games (or was it half time?) against Indiana. Remeber when Pierce just was so hot he was telling Artest (?) exactly what he was going to do then hitting a three in his face. Very cool promo.

* Did I see a new Foxwoods commercial? But don't fret; they kept the same song. (Sing with me now)

The wonder of it all.....

Nathan A.