Tales from the crypt

Prior to the first exhibition game -

WALKER - Huffin and puffin to adjust to new up-tempo style

WILLIAMS - Finished 4th to Brown, Jones, and McCarty in the 100-yard
dash.  But still crafty, and Obie and Harter's ***** floor general on
defense

BATTIE - His MRI revealed nothing wrong with his knee. Yet management
remains cautiously pessimistic over his knee swelling up

JAMES- Obie likes him and his work ethic.  Good passer who so far has
shown to be more PG savvy than rookie Banks

PIERCE - Adjusting nicely to new up-tempo style
-----------------
McCARTY - Still the versatile energizer bunny working on his 3-point
shot

JONES - A pleasant surprise

BLOUNT - Nothing new here. Another Obie favorite who will likely see
more playing time than Baker

BANKS- His blinding speed is a mixed-blessing. Often out-of-control
and still prone to turnovers.  A victim of his own athleticism, a helter-
skelter distributor who attempts to do way too much on his own

DELK - Confused over his role. Could easily be our third scorer but knows
that Ainge thinks nada of him as a PG and would like to replace him
with a taller shooting guard to balance our small point guards.

BAKER - Slimmer, faster, happier but still wearing mittens on his hands,
lead weights on his rebounding legs, and a puzzled look on his face

BROWN - Hanging in much as he did last preseason.  But shot still
not falling with regularity. Will it ever?

HUNTER - Also confused over his role. Is he a 3 or a 4?  Go directly to the
IR, do not pass go, do not collect $100.

PERKINS - Another IR fixture. Do not consider him part of our roster
this year. He was drafted for the future