Re: Maybe they do miss Raef..

<...You have been criticizing O'Brien's "dysfunctional" offense for years
but it
didn't impede Pierce from finally attaining All-Star status -- not once but
twice -- under said coach and his dysfunctional style. >

And what gives you reason to assume Pierce wouldn't have attained All Star
status, perhaps sooner and more often, under a different coach?

Cream rises to the top in most every situation.  Pierce will again.  The
coach stated on many occasions that he did not focus on offense.  The last
few years have been like watching a pick up game with clear outs, isolation
plays and a one/two-on-many style of game.

I don't credit OB for Pierce becoming an All Star.  I think if you put
Pierce on any other team in the league he would have become one by now.

It's the players that are "less" then a Pierce, skill wise, that need a
coach to put them in a position to grow and succeed.

This team needs all it's parts working together to be successful.  It needs
time for some guys to get experience.  Their are some of us who question if
OB is the right coach, at the this time, for these guys.

Do you think, based on the last couple years, that OB is that guy?

At this point it is still just a matter of opinion on whether or not he is.
Based on what I've seen with Brown etc... I am open to a different coach or
at the very least an offensive assistant coach to actually run some plays
that will give them a chance at success.

<Jim
---