Re: Maybe they do miss Raef..

< I wouldn't count on OB going anywhere.. Much of this team problem lies
with Pierce's poor play.>  - Pete

Is Pierce the cause or the symptom?

In a recent post I referred to Pierce as a victim of a dysfunctional system.
How can those who took such umbrage - the mosquito critics with their
poisonous sting - truly deny that just about EVERY Celt player is a
victim of Obie's dysfunctional offense? Seems to me that Pierce has
the misfortune of being cast in the only lead role in a poorly conceived,
poorly written, and poorly cast three-act play.

On offense, who among our players is actually being utilized in a way that
emphasizes or nourishes his particular strengths? Is Brown, is Baker, is
LaFrentz, is Williams, are the point guards?  Is Pierce?  Obie has a bad
habit of asking players to be what they are not. And when some prove
not to be what they never were to begin with, they are benched... i.e.
Jumaine Jones.  And then you have the ''hands on'' owners who begat
the ''hands on'' Director of Operations who begat the wrath of the
head coach who begat the wrath of the confused players all cast in
the wrong roles. The biggest joke around the Bank One Center these
days is ''same page.''

Our problems are many.  But just maybe the biggest problem with this
team can be described in one simple word - CONFUSION.  After losing
four in a row, everyone is madly searching for blame as much as answers.
And it starts right at the top with Ainge and Obie.   Obie has either been
unable or unwilling to firmly implant Ainge's message into the hearts
of his players.  Until these two, Obie and Ainge, get their Alphonse and
Gaston act together, the players will remain confused, frustrated,
and ... hello lottery.

Sure it's still early and all this could change on a dime.  Suddenly Obie
could be stung by the spendor of an original offensive instead of defensive
idea and we could break through the 100-point barrier and look like
the second-coming; we have done it before.

Meanwhile, Perkins continues to shine in practices as eminently teachable,
our best rebounder, and just maybe our best future hope.  How many
games ago was he activated and how many minutes has he played since
then?  And poor Hunter - he was only signed due to fan outcry and the
questions at that time surrounding Vin's return.

Egg