Re: Here's what I see

----- Original Message -----
From: "Berry, Mark S" <berrym@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"How do you fix it? You start by firing Obie and bringing in a real coach.
This team is dangerously close to quitting on Obie, if they haven't already.
He needs to go."

This is interesting. Let's all turn our minds back to the last days of
Pitino. If I remember correctly, Mark, you were ripping the players,
especially that guy currently in Dallas. A lot of us were arguing at the
time that it was actually the right thing for the players to do. Pitino was
a loser, an ego freak, and proved himself incapable of winning in the NBA.
You weren't buying it. You continued to make a lot of references (over a
long period of time) to how Walker selfishly quit on Pitino and got him
fired. I certainly hope you're going to rip Paulie if this team quits on
O'Brien. You certainly don't think that it's good in "this" situation that
the team quits on O'Brien, do you? There is one big difference between
O'Brien and Pitino. O'Brien actually has shown he can coach a team and they
can be relatively successful. You give the guy an actual point guard - I
didn't like Kenny but he's better than anything they've had since - and a
couple of decent offensive threats - Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk - and this
team can actually win a little. But it's probably too late and yeah, he
probably does have to go. Too bad. But I agree with Peter, I'd love to see
them hire someone like George Karl. The guy can coach. But more than
anything else, I'd love to see Danny try to clean up his own mess and coach
this team. He talks about running all the time. He talks about a motion
offense. He spent years ripping Antoine and O'Brien and this miserable
offense. He obviously knows what needs to be done and how to do it. He
should coach the team, and then his grip on the franchise will be complete

Paul M.