Re: Cartwright, Mourning

Shawn Niles wrote:

Obviously Zo's health is the number one concern, but it does bring into question NJ's decision to sign him to a 4 year 22 million dollar contract. When you know a guy is sick and might have to retire at any time, wouldn't you only sign him to a 1 year deal? Doesn't seem too smart on the Nets part.

If I'm the NBA then I do not grant the Nets the salary exception for Zo.... They knew full well before they signed him what the state of his kidneys were.

I wish Zo all the best, but, the Nets had to have known. I think the whole NBA knew.

John