Re: Walker

He was unwilling. This was obvious in the pre-season games he played in. Also, the thing that stands out to me is that I went to the C's practice in Lowell a few weeks before the trade. Antoine didn't run one bit. He was the last one up the court most of the time, usually because he was arguing with a ref. And THIS in practice!! It was obvious to me at that point that this would never work here. I think Antoine was purposely being defiant and would have continued to been until he was traded. He was trying to force Danny's hand. I say that because of the way he was acting and also because of Mark Cuban's admission that Antoine asked him to bring him to Dallas in the offseason. Antoine simply didn't want to be here anymore and was clearly making that known.

From: Sean Giovanello <sgiovanello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: kestas <Kestutis.Kveraga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: celtics@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Walker
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:20:00 -0500

Why - he came in with a different body type this year to be able to run more? Are you saying it couldnt happen because he was unwilling to or because OB didnt want to?

Kestutis Kveraga wrote:

Watched some of the Mavs-Rockets game last night. Walker is playing pretty much
the way we'd hoped he'd be playing for us: fewer threes (~4/game), fewer shots
(~15), , better shooting % (46%), better rebounding (~10), all in fewer minutes
(~35). Still had his "Walkerian moments", but - get this - he RAN, hard,
getting several fast-break baskets on pure hustle. Too bad this never could
have happened here. Kestas

Is your computer infected with a virus? Find out with a FREE computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now! http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963