Re: Quick game thoughts...

I don't mind if the home team announcers are favoring the home team--after
all, that's why they're there.  But as Ryan pointed out, the play by play
guy should be trying to keep it to a low roar, concentrating on what
actually happened, and leave wistful interpretation to the color analyst.

That's one thing that makes it interesting doing game reviews, by the
way.  I have to balance my "inner Johnny Most" with a reasonably objective
view to give people a realistic notion of what happened.  The C's
announcers manage a reasonable balance most of the time.  The Pacers were
unrelentingly unprofessional, inaccurate, and downright mean in their
fanciful descriptions of the game.