Jersey

   I watched about 2/3 of this game in pieces here and there.  While I am
bummed that the Cs lost, let's remember that this is a young team being remodeled
with new players.  And NJ is the best team in the east, probably.
   Given that, Banks played with more flair and aggressiveness; did you note
who was in there at the end of the game?  Brown had his career high and didn't
look scared to shoot, although he did pass on a few shots he could have taken
easily; he also looked good on D.  Baker continues to impress, Blount (12
points!!) had his moments.
   A small problem which will, I hope, go away, is the feeling near the end
of the game that I can sort of describe like this:  "Wow, it's real close, but
it's nervous time, so I guess we better get it to Paul, our main man who can
save us."  And Paul has his mantra too:  "It's crunch time, and the guys have
played well, but this is what they pay me for, so bring it on."  He then tried
to dribble up the floor and gets stripped.  End of game.
     I knew that this season, or at least the first part of it, would be a
step backwards.  I still like what I see overall.  This was, despite the result,
a tremendously entertaining game .
 - Doug