Getting rebound after own FG attempt that doesn't touch anything

Not sure if it was addressed before: the rule was changed for Intenrational
(FIBA) competitions about 3 years ago.  The rationale is that any player
should have the same right to go after a rebound.  However, it is mentioned
that if the refs judge that the shooter missed everything intentionally (to
pass the ball to himself), they can give the ball to the other team (as in
the NBA).  But if he unintentionally didn't hit anything with his shot, he
can go get the rebound.  So it's a judgement call.

Greek Celtic