re:Surprised!

No. I distinctly remember hearing that the NBA rules had been changed. But the documentation does not support me.

Vinny

At 08:36 PM 11/6/2003, Tammo29@xxxxxxx wrote:
>>>Doesn't correspond with the rules as listed at NBA.com though.
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_10.html?nav=ArticleList
Sect 19
i. A player who attempts a field goal may not be the first to touch the ball
if it fails to touch the backboard, basket ring or another player.

Maybe it was changed for college only or something? I don't follow college
hoops and they do have a bunch of different rules. I don't recall the NBA rule
being change and I'm pretty sure I recall a call against Pierce last year for
doing it.
Kim<<<<

No. The rule is still the same for College and High School. I could be wrong here, but I think Vince was being sarcastic.

TAM