Re: '01 draft revisited and O'Brien's culpability

----- Original Message -----
From: <CeltsSteve@AOL.com>

>  Then if you truly believe that not drafting Parker at #21 falls on
O'Brien,
> what you are really saying/implying is that the C's will NEVER draft a
legit
> PG or sign a quality FA point guard as long as O'Brien is the head coach
> because that's not  how O'Brien wants the team set up.

Steve, I don't think it matters what O'Brien wants anymore. Danny's in
charge of acquiring players now and O'Brien will just coach and shut up.
Ainge said the team needs a point guard and they're getting one. I can only
imagine that O'Brien convinced him that he could coach and fully utilize a
point guard. That seems to be the only way extending O'Brien's contract
makes any sense. Maybe Danny already knows where the pf is going because he
can't expect O'Brien to tear the ball out of those hands and come away from
that confrontation alive. But then again, maybe the pf gave him the same
line about running with a point guard and Danny bought it.

Paul M.