Re: [Celtics' Stuff NBA Rumors - InsideHoops.com

I got kind of the same idea as you guys after reading this article. However,
I think EWill plus the two no. 1s for Davis would be the trade. You can't get
something for nothing. Davis is a guaranteed 20 points a night, can create his
own shot, is a good finisher and can perform in both an uptempo and slowdown
offense which supposedly is a Ainge criteria. This way, Obie can keep his
status quo offense if we don't get a veteran point guard and we don't have to
worry about Obie's inability to develop young players. We get our third scorer.
You add a Kenny Anderson and you got a team, even though Kenny isn't that great.

Again, the problem is that it seems it would take a trade for Jason Kidd for
Obie to give up EWill, for some reason. You actually could save a little money
against the luxury tax by not having to count paying the rookies versus the
fill in minimum wage guys. As for Davis's antics, I wouldn't worry about it. He
has that fire to win and I remember Tommy saying he would love for the Cs to
get a hold of him. He is a young guy and young guys do stupid things.

You could attempt add in the trade exception for Jones or Mihm if it is felt
they are better than a free agent minimum salary guy or if Cleveland goes for
it. After last years free agent point guard debacle, I would take a sure thing
in Jones for depth....

DJessen33

<< "The Cleveland Cavaliers' selection of LeBron James with the No. 1 pick
 in next month's NBA draft is expected to mean the Timberwolves and Cavs
 will discuss a potential trade for Cleveland's Ricky Davis that might
 involve Minnesota's Wally Szczerbiak. Last summer, the Cavs matched a
 Wolves' offer sheet for Davis. James is a similar type of player. The
 primary reason the Chicago Bulls would consider including their No. 7
 first-round draft pick in a trade with the Wolves is the draft is just
 three impact players deep in James, Syracuse's Carmelo Anthony and
 Serbian Darko Milicic." St. Paul Pioneer Press >>

<"Yes, the Cavaliers got the player they wanted badly when they won the
draft rights to LeBron James. But Cavs management admits there's
another player the team badly needs to acquire before it can
dramatically improve: a veteran who can imitate Michael Curry, the
hard-nosed, unselfish guard for the Detroit Pistons. Cavs management
thinks that, even with James, the team needs a solid role player who's
exactly like Curry: someone who produces nice individual stats but
never at the expense of helping his team win." Cleveland Plain Dealer>