Re: Top Secret GM Ainge, Celtics And NBA News

>- What has happened to the Oh So Secretive Danny
>Ainge, who planned not to reveal any of the Celtics
>draft plans and interest?  That lasted through one workout as
>Ainge proclaimed his love for Troy Bell.

You act like his quotes in that little Globe blurb were glowing or
something. He didn't say much of anything. He was polite. You expect him to
dis the hometown kid in the hometown rag?

>Someone need to tell Danny, that no one cares that Bell is a
>local product. Boston is a Pro Sports town,
>and unless Bell led the Eagles to the Final Four, he's way off the
>map.

>And for God's sake, after decades of PG wannabees, it's time to
>get the Celtics a real point guard.  Nothing against Bell, who's likely
>to be next
>in a long  line of successful BC NBA shoot first, pass second
>point guards following Mike Adams, John Bagley, and  Dana Barros;
>and Bell may very well be the best of the bunch,
>but strive for Nash, Kidd, Payton, Ridnour, Parker, TJ Ford,
>Barbosa type players. Even Chris Thomas is pretty good.
>A creator, the Celtics universe cries out for one.

If there's one thing that I believe will be accomplished this offseason,
it's finding a point guard. And no, I don't mean Travis Best.

>- Rumors are swirling that the Celtics are going to package
>their picks to move up in the draft, perhaps picking up a second-rounder

>in the deal, which put them in position to draft Ainge favorite Bell.

What rumors? Where? I think they'll look into that, but until the draft
order starts to shake out, there aren't going to be any legitimate rumors
about moving up. 16 and 20 probably get you to the 11-13 range, if you're
lucky, but without knowing who's going to be there, why even talk about it.
You don't trade up just to trade up. You trade up to get a player you really
want. That player may not be there.

>- Which high lottery pick is likely to be part of a trade?  None other
>than
>Darko Milicic.  Several teams including the Bulls and Cavaliers would
>move him, if drafting second, as they don't need another developmental
>big
>man. Alas, it's a shame Walker's value has crapped out.

He's a guy I'd move Antoine for. Ilgauskas and No. 2 for Antoine, 16 and 20?
Why not?

>- The Knicks have strong interest in Sofoklis Shortsianitis,
>stronger if he's truly 6-10 in sneakers.

>- And the Knicks are after Keith Van Horn or another comparable big
>small
>forward and are offering Sprewell and the 9th pick.

>Sprewell and the 9th pick for Walker - sure why not.

No thanks, unless you forward Sprewell on to Milwaukee for Cassell. I don't
want to trade walker and end up with an aging, overrated swingman and a late
lottery pick that may not be worth much. But if you can turn him into
Cassell and a late lottery pick, sure.

>- Chris Wallace tells a WV reporter that he doesn't know what his duties

>under Ainge are, but he's happy to work with him.

No. 1,222,984 on the list of things Chris Wallace doesn't know...

Mark