Re: Re:Re: Tidbits

that's exactly my point.  we have alot of players that can do one and not the other and most players in the league can not both run the fast break and play half court.  Danny's statement is so overstating the obvious that it is almost a ridiculous thing to say.  It's like a baseball gm saying he is looking for a guy who can hit for power and average and have speed, to which I say "DUH!"  I guess my point is that it is a pretty uninsightful comment, which seems to be the norm so far from public persona danny.  As i just told my dad, maybe we can exhume red and make him the gm (kidding of course, on both parts).

ryan

-------Original Message-------
From: "Berry, Mark  S" <berrym@BATTELLE.ORG>
Sent: 05/21/03 04:39 PM
To: "'celtics@igtc.com'" <celtics@igtc.com>
Subject: Re:Re: Tidbits

> Ryan wrote:

Maybe i am an idiot but why wouldn't ainge or any other gm want players
who
could both play half court offense and run the fast break?  Was that the
most obvious comment ever made?

--- --- ---

Sure, every GM wants them, but there are plenty of players out there that
can't do both. Maybe Kedrick would be effective on the wing in a fast
break,
but he's terrible in the halfcourt. Antoine is terrible on the break. In
fact, the Celtics seem to be a team full of players who aren't good on the
fast break: Delk, EWill, Bremer, Baker, Long... Only Pierce, McCarty and
Battie seem like good fast break types. Only Pierce really qualifies as a
guy who is good in both situations.

Mark

P.S. Here's why I'll be skeptical of any "rebuilding" around Antoine...
Remember a few years back when Antoine and Kenny had their blowup on the
court? Kenny was running the offense, Antoine was calling for the ball on
the wing, and Kenny didn't pass it to him. They started yelling and
Antoine
shouted "I can't play with him when he's like this!" or something along
those lines. It was ugly. Well, we all know who won that power struggle
between point guard and power forward. I see no reason to believe anyone
else is going to fare any better. Obie hasn't even tried.